Hi, we're Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality & entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.
The past 12 months have seen an astronomical 27x business growth for us, now at 65 full-time staff and hundreds of millions in transactions, with over 10M global users. bitly.com/mryum-2020
Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, Sydney Airport, stadiums all the way to boutique hotels and family-run cafes and restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 60 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Los Angeles, London and The Philippines.
About the position
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role will take ownership for the next phase of Mr Yum inbound Growth. If you have experience with marketing experimentation to unlock traction channels, and are passionate about the hospitality industry, we’d love to meet you.
From keeping customers aware of features, to launching new markets and keeping it all tied in a neat bow with advanced reporting, Marketing is an integral part of growth at Mr Yum. This role is ideal if you're experienced in CRM, growth hacking and marketing experimentation. We’re on a path to find sources of new growth and have many open questions - this means high visibility and high impact, with heaps of room for career growth on the team.
You will scale up to runs hundreds of engagement, upsell, cross-sell and education experiments across email, direct mail, social, and on the ground events we haven’t even thought of yet. There'll be many tests on at a time and your experience in prioritising and roadmapping high-value campaigns will set up to learn heaps and grow GMV.
We’re looking for the person in this role to:
- Design data-led lifecycle marketing strategies to promote Mr Yum growth and retention across key owned channels including email, push, social, SMS, offline, and web.
- Use their love of data to analyse a marketing funnel; and identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them.
- Work tirelessly to find Mr Yums’s local UK traction channels for our 1. Front-end growth flywheel and 2. Existing customer up-sell and retention.
- Draw on your experience working in ‘sprints’ to design experimentation roadmaps and execute a rigorous A/B testing agenda to enhance campaign effectiveness.
- Partner with Product, Customer Success and Sales to establish UK growth strategies that find new customer opportunities and ‘hacks’.
- Support globalisation and localisation of venue-facing campaigns to drive our international growth in the US, UK and beyond.
If we'd worked with you in the past 6 weeks, you would have been involved with:
- Set up international campaign experiments to test value props and audience targeting in new markets.
- Planned Growth Marketing tactics to super-charge the momentum of our latest capital raise.
- Piloted new campaigns such as paid blog distribution, Podcasts, Reddit Ads or weekly Newsletter programs to find new traction channels.
- Got to know the product by building your own menu and sitting on go-live calls with the best Australian venues.
- Designed a widget embedded in Webflow to make the sign-up process easier for venues.
If we'd worked with you in the past 8 weeks, you would have been involved with:
- You care deeply about the hospitality and entertainment industry We’ve built our reputation on our team’s deep commitment to the industry, so you’ll need this in spades ♠
- You’re a B2B Growth marketing specialist Been there, grown that. You know the right B2B channel mix to make new and existing customers tick.
- You eat data for breakfast 🍳 Strategic and business-minded - you find trends in data and look for the “so what”. Your attention to detail makes for an immaculate campaign set up.
- You’re a do-er and accountable teammate You’re used to (or keen to get used to!) working in a small but mightily supportive crew, taking 100% ownership. You understand the bottom line and what impact you have on the business, and this motivates you to prioritise the right tasks and work independently to #getsh*tdone.
- You’re passionate about marketing You’ll know what's new in growth marketing, and blow us away with the latest knowledge (we’re all ears!). You want to work with a team that is collaborative, no-ego, and focused on delivering results with cross-functional teams.
- 4+ years experience In Growth or Marketing in a fast-paced company, working in Sprints to hit performance outcomes.
- Experience working directly with Product, Sales and Engineering teams to drive technical projects. Product management experience is a big plus.
- Very comfortable manipulating data (functions, pivots, etc.) and reporting tools like Tableau and Sisense. SQL skills a plus.
- An eye for user flow, visual design and good copywriting.
- Creative and empathetic thinker; you always think of customers first.
- Proficient in marketing analytics tools including, but not limited to Sisense, Google Analytics, LinkedIn Ads, Webflow, Google AdWords, HubSpot, and Facebook Ads Manager.
Nice to have
- First-hand experience with CRM/email marketing, and get excited about things like subject lines and calls to action (we do!)
- Past entrepreneurial or startup experience.
- Past hospitality and/or entertainment experience.
- Success working in cross-functional teams, hitting targets.
- Global marketing experience and strong understanding of international market trends.
Apply for this position
Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined existed, in a fast-paced growth environment. We work with impact, surrounded by amazing people who love what they do.
Mr Yum offers a flexible working environment with the option to take extra unpaid leave and day-to-day work times to suit your routine. Our team enjoys a mix of WFH and in-office collaboration.
All employees have the opportunity to become ‘owners’ of Mr Yum by participating in our competitive employee share option plan. Our sunny Collingwood office is home to a gym, rooftop, stocked drinks fridge and the best new equipment to set you up for success.
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
We’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive Mr Yum community. That’s why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.